The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (the Government of Ukraine) is the supreme body in the system of executive bodies in Ukraine.
Electronic petition system
The project was implemented by Soft Xpansion Ukraine in cooperation with the Eastern Europe Foundation and the State Agency for E-Governance of Ukraine within the framework of the program of international technical assistance “E-Governance for Accountability and Participation Program” (EGAP) with the financial support of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
Results of implementation:
- An electronic system has been created that allows citizens to submit petitions to the Cabinet of Ministers in an online mode, to review and sign petitions already submitted, thereby influencing the formation of priorities in the decision-making process at the level of executive power in Ukraine
- The solution is adapted for use on any platform with modern browsers
- Optimized work with a large number of concurrent users
- Automatic search and filling of contact information during registration of new users is realized
- The system meets all the necessary requirements of the legislation
The mechanism for reviewing electronic petitions is regulated by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers dated 22 July 2016 No. 457 “On Approval of the Procedure for Consideration of an Electronic Petition Addressed to the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine”. For review, the petition must gain at least 25,000 votes for 90 days. It is then that it is mandatory for consideration by the secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. After that, it comes to senior management and in accordance with the executive authorities. If the petition does not gain enough votes, it will still be considered, but already as a collective appeal.
The project promotes the establishment of active communication between the government and the public on important issues of the functioning and development of the state, provides a high-quality consideration of electronic petitions, with which citizens collectively address the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine through the Internet.