Complex of documents is an informational basis of business activities of any organization. Without exaggeration, a contemporary archive plays one of basic roles in the workflow of the enterprise. Functioning as a centralized storage of various documents, the archive of electronic documentation provides primarily:
- A reliable system of archive safekeeping a wealth of documents and a clear archive structure
- Possibilities of automated handling of current documents received from different sources
- Rapid search and convenient access to electronic documents in the overall facility structure (inclusive the remote divisions and separated subdivisions)
- Possibility of immediate preparing and copying of large amounts of typical paper documents for sending to the habitancy.
Up to date, the paperwork of a modern enterprise contains a large number of documents. Accumulated along many decades, they are stored in dusty archives and are difficult to record. Handling this mass of paper documentation is very complicated: both employees and citizens are tired of «paper chase», solutions of cases are delayed and conflict situations appear.
The purpose of the implementation of the electronic archive of documents is to eliminate most of problems associated with the traditional paperwork and enables:
- Managing the intense document flow, effectively
- Considerable simplification of working with archive documents and significant acceleration of document processing
- Reducing costs of storing documents
- Reliable storing, convenient and quick searching and access to documents
- Availability of actual documentation in all remote structure divisions of the institution
- Possibility for several parallel users (including remote ones) to work with the same document, simultaneously
- Possibility for remote working with the information
- Considerable shortening the unproductive time spent for searching the documents
- Increasing the manageability of the institution
- Automating the selection of documents by names, topics, versions, authors and other criteria
- Using the automatic inventory of archive holdings, the document completeness checks and the regularity control
- Simplification of preparing and transferring the documents to higher-level bodies or to allied institutions/divisions
- Eliminating the losses because of occasional or intended deleting/distortion of documents
POSSIBILITIES OF THE ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTATION ARCHIVE
Scanning, digitalization, recognition and import of documents
Significant amounts of paper documents can be transformed into the electronic form, automatically. To carry out the operations of scanning, digitalizing, recognizing, verifying and importing of data to the electronic archive, you should use some advanced hardware and software solutions.
Sorting and routing
Already on the scanning stage, you can perform automatic sorting of documents by the archive catalogue. To do that, you should specify some definite fields (document type, name, author etc.) and set their sending routes towards the designated archive parts and/or their sending to concrete users.
Managing the electronic archive
The electronic archive classifier is easily customized for a concrete institution. All archival and current documents come into the specified catalogue parts. Your employees can perform this action manually or automatically. A special user interface will help them to work with the store of the electronic documentation archive. By means of this interface, you can create and attend a system of catalogues, enter and classify the new information in the archive as well as arrange the access of external users to the information.
Reliability and safety
- Safekeeping the documents means the availability of backup and restore frameworks
- Eliminating of wear/losses of paper source documents
- Maintaining the data integrity, which includes the possibility of storing all document versions
- Encryption capability
- Regimentation of access rights to documents
- Possibility of restoring and viewing the deleted archive documents
- Logging and storing all actions with the concrete document (who and when has performed what actions)
- Protection of documents against unauthorized access, intentional or unintentional removal of data.
Amounts of archive information and of current workflow
The most often workflow problem in major companies are very bulky amounts of documents and the extensive current document flow. Our solutions are developed taking into account the particular features of the workflow and the amounts of archive storing in such companies and are destined not only for working with the archive but for the current company workflow, too.
Almost all institutions form a network of geographically-distributed objects in districts, cities, towns and counties. In this case, implementing the archive of electronic documentation allows to synchronize the common basis quickly enough: a document introduced to the archive in one establishment immediately becomes accessible for all authorized users within the entire institution.
Evaluation and analysis of documents
Many institutions and enterprises have from time to time to carry out analysis of their documentation, periodically, and to evaluate its completeness and its accordance with the existing norms. Thanks to the organized information in the electronic archive, every analysis you can perform right quickly, without significant expenditures and at every time. Furthermore, along with the applications for handling the information, the electronic archive will enable receiving the data for preparing paper documents sent by regular mail.
Documents are transformed into the electronic form and structured in the system of catalogues. Now, you can search for documents quickly and conveniently. You may look for documents in the catalogue parts manually or perform advanced search by metadata or carry out context searching.
This is not complete list of all capabilities and technical features of the electronic documentation archive. Developing this electronic archive, the specialists consider the requirements of the appropriate institution. The company Soft Xpansion Ukraine offers creating the electronic archives on the basis of the platforms Alfresco, Docsvision, OpenText Documentum, Microsoft SharePoint.